Thursday, April 02, 2009

The day after...

I have to say, it was a different way to spend my birthday. But, I loved every minute of it. The trip to Lubbock went well, except for the fact that Rob didn't get his prescribed steroid shot because of insurance delays. He'll have to go back to Lubbock as soon as that's taken care of. Again, pop on over to April and Rob's blog to read more on his condition. I'm so sorry, sweetie, that you didn't get any relief from your pain yesterday. Hang in there.

Take a look at this cute little set.
One of my favorite clients (I have many :-)gave me a birthday gift last week and I told her I would wait until my birthday to open it. As I was getting ready for bed last night, I realized I had not opened the gift bag. Isn't it the most exquisite looking little tea set? I love it! Thank you, Helen.

I received many, many phone calls and texts yesterday. Thank you to all of you who thought of me on April 1st.

I went to dinner with Joe and Judy. We went to Red Lobster. Jim would've gone, but I had brought him a hamburger when I came home thinking he probably had not eaten since breakfast (I know you, Honey) and he'd been over to get Dad's lunch since I was out of town. So, I blew that one. In the beautiful card he had for me he had included a little note inviting me to dinner. I won't tell you where I found it. Suffice it to say that I almost went to dinner without finding it until I went in to "freshen up". He can think of the most unusual places to leave cards and little gifties. Thanks, Honey. Maybe we can go to dinner tonight? hmmm??

I was so sad to read in April's blog that her grandmother did not get a good prognosis. Dorothy, you will be in my thoughts and prayers in the days and weeks to come.

Along with sadness, there's always a little sunshine. One of April's friends, Erin, found out yesterday that they are expecting a little girl! How exciting for them! I don't know Erin personally, but I have had the pleasure of meeting her mom and dad and they are fantastic people. I am so happy for them all.

It's almost 7:30 this morning. The new BOM is out and I think I'll prepare it for stitching. I like to hang a new month's wallhanging as soon as possible. If I'm lucky, I can get it finished tonight and hang it tomorrow.

My collection of goodies for my spring swap partner is nearly all together. A few more little things to add and it will be mailed tomorrow. Plus, I've got a box of Easter goodies to send to my number one granddaughter, Brittany. Thank you, Leota for making that box even heavier! lol

Last, but not least, Dad is "hell on wheels!" now! LOL Just kidding. But, he did get his motorized chair yesterday. He thinks he will need to practice a little more, getting in and out of doorways, but all in all, he loves that thing. I'll get some pictures of him on his new toy to let ya'll see.

Have a good day, everyone!

No comments: