Thursday, May 28, 2009

May is winding down...

As I eagerly anticipate the unveiling of the June BOM, I finally finish stitching my May blocks. These have been very portable and a wonderful project to have on hand while sitting with Dad and/or Kerrington. One of these days I'll gather them all together and actually quilt them! lol
Since Kerrington is growing so fast, she has outgrown nearly all of her swaddling blankets. I decided to try my hand at making one. The pattern I used called for two layers. Not a good idea with summer coming up. It came out alright and will be a nice weight for cooler days, but I want to try again with one layer and maybe some different edging styles.

Got to dry my hair and try to put on my face. I've been sweating so much these days that I've gone makeup-less most of the time. But, I'll be seeing lots of folks today so I'd better get presentable. My little Miss K. doesn't care that her gramma comes to see her with a naked face! LOL

2 comments:

~JoAnn~ said...

Veronica~ Love all the BOM's. I have actually got caught up on my BOM's from the Gail pan ones(Christmas wish BOM's). I did them Sat. and Sunday and got all 5 of them done, will post a picture sometime soon. Now I am working on the Calendar ones like yours, have 2 sets finished but I am making 5 sets total,4 for gifts and 1 set for me.
Blessings,Joann

Wilma Lee said...

I like all of your Country calendars! (Also the blanket.) We're leaving for vacation (Winona Minnesota) on the 1st, so won't be able to start my June one til we get back. But I get to hold my new great granddaughter, Mackenzie. I'm so excited!!