Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Repair work

Front of the quilt.
Back of the quilt.

No pictures of Kerrington today. Instead, I've got pics of a quilt top I made about 6 or 7 years ago for a client's son. He has used this thing so much that the backing fabric was coming apart where the pieces were sewn together to make the back big enough. It wasn't just a seam coming apart, though. It was torn and there were several other spots that showed much love and wear that needed covering. I didn't want to just patch it up here and there, so I did the "sew and flip method after laying down the long center piece. I did not originally quilt this quilt so I was worried that the straight lines might interfere with the quilt design. Not to worry. Plus, the original quilting is coming apart! So, maybe the lines of stitching I've put in will help that. So, now they've got a reversible quilt! lol

I had an unexpected day off from my babysitting play (can't call it a job! Too much fun!) today since April was told she could stay home due to the recent flu scare. Better for her to stay away from those that might have it but I sure miss staying with my sweet Kerrington :-(. I'll run over later and take them some deviled eggs I promised. In the meantime, I've gotten the quilt repaired and starting on another one that has been waiting. I also need to run to Hobby Lobby.

No comments: