Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wedding gift


One more DWR table runner, finished. I decided to curve the edges and use the bias binding. If you look closely, you can see I used two different fabrics in the binding. It's amazing how a mere 19" square of fabric can yield the amount of binding needed for this size project. I am so glad I finally learned how to do the continuous binding technique that allows you to end up with a strip of bias binding with just a little math (very little, otherwise I wouldn't do it! lol). I am also so very glad I found the QuiltSmart method of making Double Wedding Ring quilts. Easy, easy...

Would love to stay and chat, but it's Saturday and I've got a busy day ahead of me. Have a wonderful day, ya'll!

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Great job, as usual, V. I am a crazy woman about the easy method to make bias binding! lol I always use bias binding and love making it the continuous way. Gets easier with time. Keep up the great work!

Myra said...

Wonderful table topper. Out group did Wedding Ring table toppers last year. Your pattern is different. I love the finish!
Continuous bias binding is what I usually use, apparently it wears better for items that get used and washed a lot.
Happy stitchings!

Cindy said...

Way to go the topper looks fantastic. I'm crazy about the pattern and I've made one big quilt for Jen as a wedding present but it keeps calling out to me and I think a table runner is in my future.

Bunny said...

Beautiful table runner. I have learned a ton from Sharron Schamber, look her us she has some free videos on bias binding.

Bunny said...

LOL I meant to say look her up. Fingers don't know where to go today. LOL

Gina said...

Beautiful Table Runner. Mind you I didn't expect anything less.

Love and hugs gina xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi veronica, I love the DWR table runner! That is wonderful. The colors are great too. Could I ask where you bought the pattern? Thanks, barb from oceanwavesquilts@typepad.com.

Zlaty said...

Hi Veronica,

I love you blog! You are very talented and creative!

Did you use a smartquilting interfacing for DWR table runner? I was looking at them and wondering how they would work for me!

Have fun sewing!
Zlaty