Monday, June 09, 2008

Busy day

Monday morning started out fairly quiet. I checked email and read some blogs and had my cup of coffee. Then I paid a few bills and did the bank deposit thing. As soon as I was done with that, I called the dentist's office. Yes, my temporary (they're not kidding when they call it "temporary") crown came off again. It happened last Friday night while Judy and I were having dinner at Applebees. Luckily, I've been very conscious of the crown and feel to make sure it's still there before nearly every bite! It's a bit frustrating. But, I did the Poligrip thing and it held until this morning. I did take it off every night and re-grip it because I didn't want it to come loose in the night. So, I went to the dentist and he glued it back on. NOT! This afternoon, a mere 6 hours after he'd done this, I could feel it was loose, again! I reached in with two fingers and just pulled it right off. Back to the Poligrip.. They said they'd call me in if my permanent crown came in today. Obviously, it didn't. But, if it comes in tomorrow, they'll ring me up. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until my scheduled appointment next Monday. The doc is off on a dental trip after Wednesday, so I'm told. And, ya know, the Poligrip seems to hold even better than the "pro" glue. lol

I forgot to mention that I awoke with a stiff neck. I knew it was going to hurt when I woke for a minute or two around 3:30 or so. But, I went right back to sleep. So, after the dentist's app't., I stopped by Judy's office to deliver a piece of Key Lime Pie, a la Weight Watcher style, and she promptly called to get me an app't with the chiropractor. I guess she didn't like that I was having to move my entire body in order to turn my head! lol They took me right away. It still hurts, but I can tell it's better.

Back in the car to do the bank runs. Grabbed a cup of coffee, stopped by Dad's to drop off his piece of pie and off to the monthly quilt group meeting. It was my turn to do the program. I showed them how I do the Double Wedding Ring with the Quiltsmart method. I will never do another DWR any other way, unless someone comes up with a quilt-as-you-go technique. I know there is something similar to a QAYG DWR, but I just cannot get the hang of it. The method I speak of is from the book "Rings That Bind" by Cheryl Phillips and Linda Pysto. I have this book and really like the idea behind it, but I just couldn't get it to work right. I will try again, someday, I'm sure.

Anyhoo, after I did my presentation, we had a drawing for the FQs that were brought to the meeting. Your name is put in the hat for a drawing if you bring a FQ to the meeting. Just before I left, they drew my name! This little pile of FQs is nothing compared to what April won last month, but, hey, it's a win! Ok, Judy, it's your turn!

Meeting over and it was back to Dad's. I fixed him a filet mignon, (yes, he had taken one out to thaw so I could fix it for his lunch), some noodles that Judy fixed yesterday and the piece of Key Lime pie for dessert. While he ate, I added hamburger meat to the leftover red chili I'd made last week for enchiladas. And, I even finished sewing the label to the DWR with buttons that had not been done.

On my way home, I had to go pay another bill, make a deposit and pick up a snack for Jim and me. (I say "me" because you wouldn't say "I" if you didn't say "Jim" now would you?) The following is a little something I found while researching the difference between "you and I" and "you and me" and when either should be used. Just one of my many pet peeves...lol And it's just a rule that pronouns following prepositions in those phrases are always in the objective case. When you're using the objective case, the correct pronoun is me, so the correct prepositional phrase is between you and me.

Most grammarians are sympathetic to people who say between you and I because it's considered a hypercorrection. The theory is that people have been so traumatized by being corrected when they say things such as Ashley and me went to the mall instead of Ashley and I went to the mall that they incorrectly correct between you and me to between you and I.


Well! That was my English lesson for the day! LOL Sorry if it was a boring bit of text. I know that I don't always write well and I don't always speak well. But, there are just a few things that kinda "stick in my craw" and that's one of them.
I've got the final Round Robin vest hanging in my room. I am the last person to work on this vest. Haven't had time to really think about what I'll do. My first thought is to do something on all the small spaces left, but we'll see.


Time to think about dinner..

1 comment:

Myra said...

Love your DWR quilt! And love the new method!!! Something I am definitely going to have to try!!!
Happy Stitching!