Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Step one on the vest/Lubbock trip

These tumbling blocks are paper-pieced and then I will applique them onto the vest. I was a little worried about covering the bottom corner of the woven block, but I don't think it will be a problem. Just kinda looks like it's tucked inside. I will tackle the back of the vest next.

Dad and I had an uneventful trip to Lubbock, just as I'd prayed for. Thank You, Lord! They have dismissed him from the Wound Care Center until, and if, he needs them again. His venous closures have done well and he has no open wounds. Dad slept all the way over and all the way back. I don't blame him. I would too, if I didn't have to drive! lol We didn't eat at Sonic today. He wanted a meat burrito so I zipped into Rosa's Cafe drive-thru. Their fajita meat burrito is pretty good. He wanted a milkshake, but they don't serve those there. That's his drink of choice these days. He settled for a Sprite. He asked the girl for a "lime". lol He cracks me up sometimes.

I need to finish quilting the DWR I demo'd at the meeting on Monday. I wanted to get the vest underway first and so now I'm ready to do some quilting. I'm trying really hard to keep my room picked up every night. Time to go do that now.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I love how that vest is turning out.
I can't wait to see what they've done with yours.
I'm so glad everything was OK for your dad.

love and hugs xxx