Yup, I worked on this until I finished it tonight. I added more of the star background to fill the space and then couched some decorative thread around the "sun". At least, that's how I interpreted it. I also added a strip of multi-color batik with stars just below the sun. I thought about making a few more of the tilted blocks, but I didn't have the pattern. Instead, there were a few squares in with the fabric that someone else had made so I added them to that row. I covered every bit of muslin that was showing.
This is the second round this vest has been on. Apparently, they didn't finish it two years ago so the owner decided to let our group have a chance at it. When I got it, there was still quite a bit of white space left as shown in the "before" shots. I was determined to take it back to the owner with no open spaces this time. I hope she likes what we've all done.
When I have something like this to do, I can't rest until it's finished. Being committed to a round robin takes a lot of time but I enjoy the process. I can't wait to see what they've done with my vest. We'll find out next month...
Now it's back to the disappearing 9 patch and the DWR tablerunner that needs to be finished by sometime in July. I also need to make a bag for a client's daughter. For now, I'm going to bed. Busy day at work tomorrow.