Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Online retreat

The wonderful online quilt group I belong to is about to begin our online retreat. Unfortunately, the yearly "physical" retreat planned had to be cancelled. So, we will all be participating in an online party! The first swap we'll be doing is a Quiltlet Swap. Here is one I've done. I may get industrious and work on another before the deadline. We were to start with a 6" block. I cheated a bit since this 12" block is one I made in preparation to use on my round robin vest. I decided not to use it and so it has been an orphan block until now. I think it worked up nicely. It's not totally perfect, but that gives it it's own personality. I hope the group deems it good enough to fight over! lol

So much has been happening here. One of our group's granddaughter is fighting for her life after being hit by a car while riding her bike. April's one month old niece is in the hospital struggling with whooping cough AND reflux! Dad has developed huge fluid blisters on his legs that have been debrided and are now bandaged and will need close watching for the next few weeks. Judy has an inner ear infection, Robert's back has been giving him fits and now Joe has a cold! Whew! I think I'll go to bed now. lol

1 comment:

Gina said...

Love the quiltlet. I'm making mine from scratch on the weekend.

love and hugs xxx