Wednesday, March 07, 2007

DWR in progress

 
Posted by Picasa
The blocks are all appliqued and the buttons added. I found some really neat, large buttons that I couldn't resist. They kind of get lost in the design, but the buttons are so cool, I am going to use them. The yellow buttons I'd bought originally were too small for the centers. Now I need to decide what kind of border to do since I still have about 60 five-inch squares left. I also have about 100 5"x2" rectangles left over after cutting the arc wedges. I feel as though it's getting awfully busy, but I kinda like it! lol I've thought of a piano border, but I'm still thinking....

I was a little disappointed in the arcs that have the light or white wedges in them, especially in the outer arcs. It makes it look as though there's a break in the arcs. But, I used random fabrics and that's what came up.

Update on Dad...His heart rate was up to 61 at his 2 o'clock check this afternoon. Hopefully, we're seeing some positive progress. We had a little set-back this weekend when he told me he had "done it again". He hit his leg on something and now has another ulcer. He had just been released from the last one, but, it did heal faster than they have been healing. So, hopefully, this one will heal quickly. He has better blood flow to his legs since his surgery and I guess that's been helping.

Busy days at work but I've been able to get off around 2p.m. I've been coming home to work on the DWR and I need to finish up some birthday blocks. Judy and I have been hitting the gym regularly, if only for cardiac. We hope to work on weights tonight. I get so sleepy around 4 - 5 p.m especially when I'm sitting here reading or doing some repetitive sewing. So, I think I'll go take a quick nap in order to get up to fix dinner.

5 comments:

Patti said...

The DWR is looking great! I love the buttons! I'm not at all sure about a piano key border however. I'm thinking it might be just a little too much. I'll have to see it laid out to know better.

Anonymous said...

Your DWR is so nice! I love all of the color, the appliquéd flowers and especially the buttons! Where did you find such cool buttons?

Susan said...

I can't believe how quickly you got this together! I love it with the flowers in the middle. I was so glad I could click for a close-up. The buttons are great! I wouldn't worry about the light fabrics - if you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't even have noticed, and the camera shows more than the eye in these instances.

May Britt said...

How fun with the buttons. It looks great.

Mary Johnson said...

It looks lovely - are you attaching the buttons before quilting? I couldn't tell if you'd just laid them out or if they were already sewn on. I'm just wondering because usually I attach any embellishments like that after quilting esp. with the longarm!