Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Monday night


Since we spent all day in Amarillo I didn't get much sewing done yesterday. So, last night, I sat down and finished quilting on a tablerunner I had promised a lady around Christmas. I'm not happy with the way it turned out. We'll see if she likes it. I didn't even take a picture of it. Well, I do have a picture of the top, but the quilting came out alright. Then, I made this little pincushion. We picked up the kit for this at Sister's Scraps in Amarillo. Easy, but I don't think the kit was complete unless I read the instructions wrong. I had to add a 10" piece of coordinating fabric and then it made two cushions. I added this picture later today when I made the other pincushion and thought, "why not try a smaller one?" It's really too small, but you get the idea. I've actually made a smaller one, long time ago, that was called a "ring pincushion". I keep it in my travel bag.

Got to work this morning and my app't book was totally empty! I hadn't had that happen in a long time. Actually, this is a slow time of year. Everyone's getting their taxes in order (one of the reasons I came on home - to work on mine!), so things are a little slow. Weekends get busy, though.

While we were in Amarillo yesterday, we went to two quilt stores. R & R Quilts is one of my favorites and they are the ones that sponsor the retreat in July. The other is Sister's Scraps. They have a nice, new store and filled to the brim with fabric. I get so overwhelmed when I go into a place like that. I want it all!! lol So, I end up buying one or two little things unless I'm there for something specific. 'Course, right now I'm on this fabric diet...

I've got to quit procrastinating. Time to dig out the tax papers. I'd rather take a nap..

2 comments:

Linda C said...

Congrats on getting your DWR done in time for the retreat!

How big is that pincushion anyway? It is hard to tell from the picture.

Too bad you are not closer as I think I need some more off my recent haircut--its got flippies on the side, LOL. I am still getting used to not being able to pull it off my face, I guess.

Susan said...

Oh, I love R & R, too. It's been a while since I went through Amarillo to visit, though. I love your little pin cushion. Does it fit over your thumb, or stand alone?

Taxes! Yuck! Just the nagging to get Paul to get on it is a pain.