Monday, March 19, 2007

I love to quilt!


I really do enjoy the quilting process. Don't get me wrong! I love all the other aspects of this passion, but I do enjoy free motion quilting, even if it is on my little domestic Bernina. I hope you can see the free-hand hearts on the border of this quilt. I also did the hearts in the setting blocks between the 9-patch blocks. I think this little quilt will go to my sweet little granddaughter, Brittany. All the pink reminds me of her. And, since she won't get to come spend her spring break with us this year, maybe it will take the sting out of her disappointment. Didn't do much for mine :-( But, we can look forward to two weeks in the summer.

It's another Monday and Dad has given me the day off. LOL I usually take him to rehab on Monday but he decided that his caregiver does a wonderful job so I can just take my time today. I am so grateful that he likes his caregiver person and that she is so good to him. So, soon as I get done primping, I'll head out to the fabric stores and see what kind of damage I can do.

6 comments:

Cher said...

nice quilting-I love to quilt too...I am sure your grand daughter will lov eit.

swooze said...

I just bought a new machine and hope to improve my free motion quilting skills. Any tips? Your quilting is great!

Linda C said...

Lucky Britney but sad grandma not getting to have her come for a visit?

Sometimes the quilting is a necessary evil. I have been in quilting mode for several days but today, not. We had to deep clean the house since company is coming. I'll get back to it tomorrow while the golfing company is here as I have two left in my stack.

Mary Johnson said...

Very cute - hearts are fun to quilt. Hope you had a nice day off!

Kairle Oaks said...

You really have a knack for the quilting part, Veronica. Such nice work!

That border fabric is soooo cute. I'm sure your granddaughter will be thrilled!
Kairle

Susan said...

I love this quilt! You do a great job. The quilting, by hand or machine, is always my favorite part, too.