Thursday, March 29, 2007

Emergency trip with Dad

A quick note to ask for prayer for my Dad. They flew him to Lubbock this morning. He called me around 7:30 and by the time I got to the house, I knew he needed help. He was able to walk to the car, but almost as soon as I was on the street, on the way to the hospital, he passed out on me. He was out the whole time I was driving him to the ER. It probably took me about 3 minutes to get there. At first, they told us that his pupils were fixed and dilated and was unresponsive. Then, they realized that he'd had cataract surgery and it was harder to determine eye movements. So, then they stabilized him and put him in a helicopter to Lubbock.

They are now doing some tests to see if his heart was damaged and to what extent. It's just a waiting game now. The next 24 -48 hours will tell the story.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

My prayers are with you and your Dad... take care.

Patti said...

Sending lots of positive healing thoughts and prayers your way for your father and all your family.

Anonymous said...

You are all in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

You're in my heart and prayers, too, dear... Wishing the very best issue for your father. Take care of yourself, too : these are very emotional moments.

Heartfully,
NADINE.

Laurie Ann said...

Prayer said ... trust in God, He is there with you!

Anonymous said...

my thoughts are with you, he is a blessed man to have such a wonderful, caring daughter

Sue said...

So sorry to hear about your dad, I'm also sending prayers. I hope you have good news soon.