Friday, March 16, 2007

Oldest UFO

This Cathedral Window was started right after I started quilting, about 10 years ago. I can't believe I decided to make it king size! No wonder I've put off working on it. But, it won't get done that way, will it? When I laid the strips out on the bed I thought, "I need about 10 more rows!" Oh well, this will be one of those projects that will be found years from now and they'll say, "She must've just got tired of it!" LOL Maybe letting you all know I've got it will give me a boost to re-visit this project.

I've been working on Midget Block 20. It's the hardest one I've done yet. I think I'm only 7 blocks behind. I'm trying to do them in the order they're being presented. This one may take a while.

Dad's holding his own. His sense of humor is more evident these days. I just wish we could get him out more. His visits to the rehab center are the highlights of his week.

I think I've decided why I can't seem to focus on a particular project right this minute. My sewing room is a total and complete mess. My sister and I have decided that I need to install shelves before I can do anything. I have no place to store anything. Will start looking...

3 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I'd started a Cathedral Windows several years ago too - a Secret Garden variation. Last year I decided it would never grow up to be a bed quilt and finished it to use as a wallhanging or table quilt. Here's mine: http://tinyurl.com/3427v9

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck. I've only dine Cathedral Widow once or twice and it isn't my favourite.

love and hugs gina xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi, Veronica !
Your cathedral wondow strips are so gorgeous ! Maybe you could make 2 more strips, and use them as wonderful borders for a big quilt ? I just love hand piecing ad portable projects....
I'm in awe, seeing your midget block. Does it come from a book pattern ? I went to sentimental stitches, but couldn't find other blocks... (Oh, nooooo : now this pattern is going to haunt my mind ! LOL). Thanks for the information...
I'm just like you, for the moment : just can't stick to one project ... maybe it's the springy air,I don'tknow.....

Hugs & smiles !
NADINE in Belgium