Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's official!

Finally! Robert received his diploma in the mail after waiting since December. Apparently, they had a problem at the college and the diplomas were delayed in mailing. Daddy Jim is SO proud! lol He had me send this picture everywhere. I'm proud, too! You might notice that Rob's teeth are not the straightest things...well, that's why he had his wisdom teeth removed a few weeks ago and will soon start on his orthodontic adventure. This little boy, er, young man, has been the hardest to get to the dentist's. He will admit to you that he will faint at the slightest idea of pain. lol He came through his wisdom teeth extractions with flying colors, though. I'm sure he's not looking forward to the rest, but I think his front teeth have already moved a little just from the removal of the back teeth! But, I digress.. He is formally a graduate of NMSU and we are all very proud! Go, Rob!!


On a quilty note - These blocks are birthday blocks for Fran, the only March birthday girl. The first one is called "On The Oregon Trail" and the second is "Tradewinds". The fabric she sent is the swirly, flowery fabric. It is beautiful!

I'm going to be late for work. Dad's numbers are great today. If we could just get his hip to stop hurting...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your son! Your DWR has turned up beautiful, I like the scrappy binding. The 2 birthday blocks remind me of spring. Here we enjoy it while it lasts. Seems Winter will be back at the week-end! Take care.

Linda C said...

Oh, congrats to Rob and Mom and Dad who had something to do with all of that in the long run.

I was just looking at a pattern for Oregon Trail today while paging through 101 Rotary Cut Quilts to verify the name of one of the pics I posted. Neat block! Lucky birthday girl.

Marla said...

Congrats on your son's graduation.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your son. Aren't all men big babies where pain is concerned
love and hugs gina xxx

Shelina said...

Congratulations to you and to your son. My daughter needs braces too, but we keep putting it off.

Patti said...

Congratulations to Robert! You all have a right to be proud!