Four more Mary's Flower Garden blocks finished today. Actually, yesterday and today. I worked on them this morning before heading out to run errands. I put them together using the reversible quilt method after appliquing/quilting each block. I want to make at least six more blocks but need to get more batiks and more of the printed fusible interfacing. I was going to make my own, but didn't copy the pattern. It's just easier to buy the interfacing.
The little patchwork blocks you see are made from leftover strips from the last DWR. The strips were roughly 2 1/2" x 5". I sewed three of them together, pressed and subcut in 2 1/2" units. Two of these units were sewn together, then four of these units were put together making these 7 1/4" blocks you see here. I'm not sure how many more I've got cut up to assemble. Not sure what I'm going to do with these, either, but it's kind of a mindless little task that works for me right now.
Judy and I finally got to the gym tonight. We've got to get our act together. We did so well for over a year. I think right now we're both just so stressed with Dad and she's got a lot on her plate with work. Speaking of Dad, I finally decided he needs to be seen by his cardiac guy sooner than next month. So, we're taking him to Lubbock this week. Maybe he just needs his meds tweaked. We'll see..