Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

Easter Sunday started out just like any other Sunday. I ran to Dad's and fixed breakfast. On my way home, I thought I'd run into WalMart to get another cake mix and other things for our dinner. I wanted to make another bunny cake for us in honor of Kerrington's first Easter. I decided this one would be a girl rabbit. I even figured out how to make pink coconut. I poured about half a cup of milk in a bowl, added a few drops of red food coloring, stirred well and added about a cup and a half of shredded coconut. I let it soak to pick up the color and it worked great. Squeeze the milk out and sprinkle on the ears. The pink bow was made by adding a few drops of red food coloring to the frosting.

I got home, fixed breakfast, ate, put the cake in the oven then finished the photo album cover I made for Judy. I thought she needed an "Auntie" book to show off pictures of Kerrington. I thought it made a nice Easter gift.
Do you recognize the face in this helmet? Yup, that's Dad wearing Joe's motorcycle helmet. Yes, Joe bought a motorcycle but that's a story for another day. We caught Dad fooling around with Joe's helmet and couldn't resist a Kodak moment.


I don't have pictures of Kerrington to show you yet, but as soon as Judy and/or Rob send me some, I'll post an Easter picture. She looked absolutely beautiful in her Easter dress. Unfortunately, she had a little stomach trouble in the car on the way to "Big Grampo's" and we had to change her clothes. I was able to wash the beautiful little smocked and embroidered dress so it would dry and she'd be able to wear it tonight at her other Grama's house. They're taking more pictures with an Easter theme.

No comments: