Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's the little things that count

And, are faster to work up! June, if you're reading this, I hope you are happy with the bag I made for you last night. I've run out of bigger pieces of the fabric I used in the first b/w bag, but this one is is just as nice.
I am such a sucker for a well-made tutorial. I wanted to try my hand at making these cute, but very simple, headbands. (I tried posting the link to the tutorial, but kept getting an error. Leave me a comment or email and I'll send you the link to make these little cuties.) I ran into the dollar store yesterday afternoon, just before I had my pedicure, and bought the hair bands to do these. Sometimes a girl just needs a headband to keep things off the face and out of the eyes, ya know?
Especially when it's hot. I made one to wear last night (not in this bunch) and it works well. I got carried away, again, and made several more. I'll pass them out to friends and relatives today.
You might remember a photo album cover I made last week with Kerrington's initial on it. I wasn't really crazy about the embroidered "K" I did, so I fixed up a different one last night. This one is appliqued and the lettering is crudely embroidered by me, by hand. What can I say, it was nearly midnight when I finished! lol
Fine! I'll work on the denim quilt now. Well, when I get home from work. I've put it off long enough. I'm only about two or three nights from finishing it, but I just can't muster up the energy, or strength, to work with it. I'll say it again...it's heavy! Maybe I'll work on the matching pillow...

Time to get ready for work again. I will soon be getting up early to get to Rob and April's before 8 a.m. to take care of baby K. three days a week. Next Monday, I'll take Dad to Lubbock for his wound care checkup then Tuesday and Wednesday will be my first two full days of caring for Kerrington. I can't wait! I hope I'm up to the task. Saturday afternoon I'll go over for a while so I can have my "training session". LOL Just like any other job, I need to know what I'm going to be doing and where everything is so it's imperative that I be shown what's going on. I don't wanna mess things up! Rob and April are doing a great job and I wouldn't want to disrupt K's schedule, unless it's absolutely necessary. Just kidding, April!

1 comment:

~JoAnn~ said...

Veronica~ I just love the purse, and the headbands but that little photo album cover oh it's so cute. I hope you have fun looking after Kerrington, I watched both of my grandchildren when my daughter went back to work as she didn't trust anyone else when they were so small. I watched Dylan until he was a little over a year old..about 10 hours a day and then Katie till she was about a year for about the same hours a day. I feel that we really bonded in that time and I am praying that you enjoy your special time with Kerrington.
Blessings,Joann