Monday, April 06, 2009

A few more gifts

Estee Lauder's White Linen powder and lotion! Yaayy!! I have been out of lotion for several months now so I am so glad Jim decided to give me a belated birthday gift. Thanks, honey!
You are looking at a t-shirt given to me by my good, if not best, friend, Leota. Imagine my surprise when I walked into the shop after hours on Saturday to see this folded on my chair. It takes a lot to choke me up, but this nearly did it. I felt so special to know that she went to so much trouble to have this made for me. What a thoughtful gift. Thanks, Leota!

This blurry picture is what arrived in the mail for me today. My Spring Swap partner is Deb in New Zealand. The picture below shows what was in the packages. I am so excited to be the recipient of Deb's beautiful hand stitched projects.
She was also thoughtful enough to include two pair of little socks for Kerrington and a book for me to read to her. She also sent a copy of a New Zealand Quilter magazine. It's so new, it's still in it's plastic wrapping! I have the wallhanging on the wall directly above my dove thread holder. I love everything she sent, but the wallhanging is my favorite with it's pretty little heart hanger.

All of this, except for the t-shirt, was waiting for me when I got back from Lubbock with Dad. His appointment went well. They think his wounds should clear up completely in about 4 weeks. Please pray that is so. Even sooner would be better, but I don't want to be greedy. The trip was nice...no wind! Thank You, Lord.

Time to take out the contacts and work a bit on the denim quilt. I'm sewing the rows together so it's getting harder to work with. It looks great, though!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Veronica, Thrilled you liked your pressies. I love the tshirt you were given, very cool. And as for the Estee Lauder, my favourite!!

Zlaty said...

What a thoughtful friend!
Enjoy your gifts!

Zlaty