Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Interesting...

From Linda's blog, via Patti's blog, via Nancy's blog



You Are An INFJ

(Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging)
The Protector
You live your life with integrity, originality, vision, and creativity.Independent and stubborn, you rarely stray from your vision - no matter what it is.You are an excellent listener, with almost infinite patience.You have complex, deep feelings, and you take great care to express them.
You would make a great photographer, alternative medicine guru, or teacher.



I'm not so sure about this, although Leota always says I'm a "frustrated English teacher!" and, I do love taking pictures, especially of my quilts. lol They are right on track when saying I am independent and stubborn, but I can be swayed...easily, it seems. And, being a hairdresser, I have definitely become a listener. Taking care of my dad has taught me patience. I may have complex, deep feelings, but I don't always care to express them. Maybe I didn't answer some of the questions correctly. hmmm...

The only thing quilt related I did this weekend was to make one more Midget Block. I have thirteen made and only six behind the posted blocks. Oh, and I did piece the back in order to sandwich the Cow-oh-boy quilt in preparation for quilting. I made the backing from a piece of fabric that was too small to use as it was so I tried John Flynn's method http://www.flynnquilt.com/freepattern.html of diagonally cutting the fabric and re-sewing it to get the right size. I would really like to try to quilt this one on my EZ Quilter and Deborah has generously allowed me to borrow her Bernina so I can try it. That way I don't have to tear my machine away from other, daily piecing. I'm not usually one who needs 4 or 5 hours to do a particular job, but I would like a good stretch of time to work with this. So, I'm not sure when I'll get to it. Especially now, since Leota will be leaving the shop for a few weeks for her surgery. Gotta take care of business - her's AND mine!

When I got online this morning, I had a message from Judy saying it was 5 a.m. and she was on her way to the airport in Dallas. Sure hope that girl gets home today. What a mess this ice storm has caused.

Robert and I hit the gym last night with a vengeance. My muscles didn't know what hit them by the time I got home. I'm a little sore this morning, but I figure that's what I get for slacking off like I had. I've got to be more diligent about working out. Maybe even watching what I eat. Okay, I say that even as I finish eating two, yes, two, blueberry muffins that I made this morning. I just had a hankering for muffins today. Reminded me of when my boys were home and I made a batch of muffins at least once a week.

Time to get a call from Dad and jump in the shower. Clint, at work, decided we'd do lunch at the shop today to bid Leota a good surgery farewell. I was too tired last night to even think about what to take, so I guess I'll run by Wal Mart this morning and see if they've got something I can bring and claim as my own. lol

1 comment:

Linda C said...

I don't know that based on a few questions that they can come up with this stuff so it would be more interestingt to see what happens with more questions? You are definitely creative---look at all those quilts.

The blocks are little pint sized darlings.

I am glad that you posted the thing about John Flynn's diagonal back. I was just talking about the other day with someone in the quilt group. There is a pdf file that you can print out--click clear at the bottom--but you probably knew that or
HERE