Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mini iron for mini blocks


Actually, this is one of the Midget blocks I'm working on. No. 15 to be exact. I decided to set it up to the right of my sewing machine so I don't have to get up and down to press these small, paper-pieced blocks. Good idea, but I don't have much space. As you can see, my mouse is a little crowded on the mouse pad under the ironing area. Works for now, but I think I need to rearrange my room.

If I can get Robert over to help me this weekend, I would like to move my TiVo set up into the sewing room. That would definitely require a clean up.
I worked with the Easy Quilter for a while yesterday and nearly pulled my hair out. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to use it. When I demo'd it in Houston, it worked great. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. So, I guess I'll bite the bullet and continue quilting the way I normally do - roll up the quilt and throw it over my shoulder. Actually, I can get a lap-sized quilt done in two nights that way. I fold the quilt diagonally and just quilt in rows. Usually I try to get one side done one night and the other side the next night. Breaks the monotony and lets me rest.

I sandwiched another quilt tonight. This one is made with blocks put together by Kate from QOR. It will go to a child who's family lost their home in a fire right before Christmas. I should've finished this a long time ago. Good thing Kate posted something about these quilts. Others in the group are making quilts for the other children. I think there are four. Since I sandwiched the quilt tonight, I will start quilting it tomorrow night. That is, if I can think straight after the day I have planned for tomorrow!

Looks like snow is predicted for us starting tomorrow night so maybe I won't have too many cancellations tomorrow. If I don't, I will have one around 10 -12 heads of hair. Some are Leota's ladies, too. Oh, Leota came out of her breast reduction surgery around 4:30 today and Brian, her DH, said she came through it fine. She is in a semi-private room so he was headed back to the hotel since she will probably sleep through the night. We can only hope. I can only imagine the pain she might be in. But, they have good drugs these days.

Jim was nice enough to cut up a cantaloupe for me just now. He decided that since he had two Arby's sandwiches around 3:30, he isn't really hungry. That's good, since I didn't really plan to fix dinner! LOL I can just see us now when he retires in October......hey, maybe he'll start doing some of the cooking since I'll still be working! I can dream, can't I?

Dad seemed well today. His blood pressure is finally coming down and the visiting nurse told him he was doing better. I wasn't there when she came by so they probably had a nice visit. She says he's much more talkative when it's only the two of them. Guess he thinks that if we're around, the doesn't have to talk.

I'm off to eat my melon and work on the Midget block.

No comments: